mercredi 28 février 2007

home wiki



At last!
You can't imagine how glad I'm. Glory Alleluia, I found my home wiki.
  • A wiki is a collaborative site where simple markup allows quick html generation.

  • Remarkable samples of wikis may be found at wikipedia (this is the English link, referred in this blog's tags as just The wikipedia or wikideepia ; but the French, Russian, Chinese ... also exist ; wikipedia is the free encyclopedia).

  • A wiki manages the pages' history. It tells all - who updated the page.

  • It allows categorizing - and tagging, when needed.

What did I do ?
--I went there to

Download Ruby
--I tried the Ruby 1.8.5 One-Click Installer which is the stable version : the downloaded file bears a name like (for Win) : ruby185-21.exe

Then I went at Instiki for my new wiki :

Look at the Key Features :
- Revisions - Follow or rollback any change to any page.
- Exporting - Take the entire wiki home with you as HTML or markup rolled up in a zip.
- Internationalization - Camel Case Wiki Words are supported- in Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, and Armenian characters. Bracket Style wiki words work in all languages.
- RSS feeds - Know when content is added.
- Markup choices - Write wiki pages in Textile, Markdown or RDoc.

Instiki (What Is Instiki) is a wiki clone so pretty and easy to set up, you’ll wonder if it’s really a wiki.
In fact it’s not only a wiki. It supports
... too much to tell. Just

Try Instiki

Three step installation:
  • Download

  • Run “instiki” with Ruby 1.8.4 or greater. (on windows, that’s instiki.cmd)

  • Chuckle… There Is No Step Three™! :)
Now Instiki is running on port 2500. Visit http://localhost:2500 for quick configuration followed by a text area for the home page….


-- I downloaded the latest version (gz or zip compressed), ran the .cmd and clicked the above address to get to :
http://localhost:2500/create_system

Instiki Setup

Congratulations on succesfully installing and starting Instiki. Since this is the first time Instiki has been run on this port, you'll need to do a brief one-time setup.
Name and address for your first web
Name: Address:
Password for creating and changing webs
Password: Verify:


--That was the quick config ... I then obtained my home page (delights). What shall I do with it ? Next.

Aucun commentaire: